Sunday, February 15, 2009

Secondary

Well, things are continuing to go pretty well here in the double-H (Highland Heights, that is).

On Friday, I went out to happy hour with my coworkers and some people from Kenton County. It's amazing how different the atmosphere of each office is, and how much one bad supervisor can ruin a job for someone! But we had a good time at Keystone.. the food was surprisingly delicious. I had some kind of buffalo chicken wrap (anyone who knows me knows I have some crazy fetish for buffalo chicken) and it was great. After that, I went with some work people to see Friday the 13th. Number one, it was decent, I suppose.. definitely not up to par with the originals, but it worked for what it was. Also, I cannot believe that so many parents brought their young kids to the movie! I can't say too much, because I had my parents and grandparents rent the F13th movies for me when I was about 9 or 10, but there were people who had brought like 3 and 4 year olds! Ridiculous!!

Saturday, I went to a benefit for an HIV/AIDS homeless shelter in Cincinnati. It was a lot of fun. I talked a little to the reps from the shelter and they told me to send in my resume! They mentioned something about needing LICENSED social workers, but.. I can get my license, no sweat. I just have to study and take the exam.

Today I hung out with Kelly. It's nice having someone up here to hang out with and talk to. I still definitely miss all my friends from home, but it's still good to have somebody here. For the past few Sundays, I've gone over to the Lynches' house for dinner. It's always a great time. They're sort of like my family away from my family. We have dinner, talk about religion and politics and random goofy stuff, and play games, watch TV.. it's nice. I don't feel as isolated as I did when I first got here.

Definitely looking forward to going home next weekend! I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm really glad you had such a wonderful weekend! We miss you too, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete