Monday, February 9, 2009

Re-Creation.

It's amazing the changes I've had to go through this year. And they keep piling up.

After talking to my mom, I'm considering getting out of the social work field entirely. I'm thinking about going into public relations or something like that. I need a new place to be professionally (obviously). Maybe I'm not so much a helper as I thought. Maybe I just thought I was, and started trying to make myself into one. Either way, Mom said something very smart to me today: "Nathan, all you've done your whole life is school and work. You need to get out in the world and see it and enjoy yourself." And by God, she's right. I've been a worrier my whole life. Now it's time for me to enjoy living. It might take a few extra steps, and it might be hard, but I have to learn how to like life again. So maybe that's why I'm here. I was stuck in a routine, and it took moving to break it. I was wrapping myself up in all these thoughts and beliefs and they were mostly or entirely wrong. Time for me to be something new.

4 comments:

  1. If you decide to backpack around Europe, you can crash on our couch. You've always got a place to stay with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously considering it. Mom told me she would give me some money to travel.. I think I really need it. When is the official transfer to Deutschland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should worry less and enjoy more also. Life is too short! And while at some point a job and money is good....its not what is going to make you feel alive or happy. You should travel or do something completely different for a while, when you got done you may know exactly waht it was that you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May, I think. Pretty sure. I'll let you know the exact date when I get his orders.

    ReplyDelete