Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hoping for the best

So I have to admit, I've been a little more religious these days. I guess part of it is my parents' newfound church involvement rubbing off on me. It's also the only way I've been able to keep a handle on things lately. I'm just hoping that me being here in Northern Kentucky is part of God's plan for me, and there's something He wants me to do or experience here. I just hope that whatever He is planning for me here, I happen to stumble upon a great job that pays a ton of money, with awesome benefits and possibly some sweet swag.

I've been telling a few more people at work about my resignation.. more like, they come up to me and say, "I heard you're leaving." To which I reply, "Yes, I am," because I am. Duh. The response I get after that ranges from "Oh my gosh! Why?" to "I wish you wouldn't," to "I don't blame you. Get the hell out while you still can!" I just wish this month would fly by, and by the end of it I would know I had a good job lined up.

I applied to Lighthouse Children's Services and a couple other places. I called Brown Mackie yesterday, trying to get some kind of update on my resume I sent in.. everyone was kind of snotty to me, like "Why are you calling? Ugh." I'm not sure I want to work at a place like that.. but ask me again in a month, and we'll see who's being Mr. Picky Pants.

Welp, it's time for my nightly turn-on-an-episode-of-Buffy and fall-asleep-on-the-couch routine. Jeez, I'm a total lame-o-saurus rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment