Wednesday, December 16, 2009

thoughts and theories

It's no secret that I have a wide variety of interests. I mean, heck, just look at the list on my facebook profile. Just do it. It's cool, I'll still be here when you get back.


..you back? You didn't actually look. Gah, what are you good for?

Anyways, it's also no big secret that I'm not on-task at work 100% of the time. I have little research projects that I like to do throughout the day. In the past month or so, I've learned so much about personal fitness and nutrition. I know just enough to be dangerous. But it's totally fun, because I've gained 2.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks, and I'm convinced it's muscle. My shoulders look bigger, chest looks wider, I've grown a pair of horns, and now I'm 6'3" tall. Two of those statements are true.

Wikipedia and I have become very closely acquainted. The other day, I got to thinking about something James said to me the other night about my skin looking yellow. Now, I know I don't hae jaundice, and my kidneys are working fine as far as I know, so I did a little research into yellowish skin. As it turns out, I have a skin color known as "olive," which is common to people near the Mediterranean and the southern parts of Germany. When olive-skinned people don't get much sunlight, their skin takes on a dull yellowish color with a greenish cast. Sexy, no? But I compared my skin to some scale by Von Laschlon or something else that sounds like a sneeze and I match the "olive" or "Mediterranean" skin type. I thought it was pretty cool.

Oh, and I did a little research into the origin of my family name. As it turns out, it's either derived from the German name "Futch," it's derived from the old French "vautre," or "hunter," or it's a dirty slang term from French ("foutre") that has to do with the act of lovemaking. I'm hoping it's the second one, because the idea of coming from a clan of hunters that crossed over to England with William the Conquerer is way cooler than thinking I have the namesake of an explitive.

Once again, I have to just say that I'm one of the most blessed people I know! I have so many awesome people and things in my life right now. Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. HA. Trendon is yellow, too! Only...it's because he's Jappy. He tans to a very yellowish gold. It's ghastly.

    I'm hoping you're name is derived from the expletive. That'd be pretty incredible. Depending on who I believe, (my lying asshole father or ancestry.com) my name is either Russian OR English (meaning long ago one of my ancestors was deemed "good enough")

    God...I hope it's Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe Nathan thank you for posting this, it really was a very interesting read!

    ReplyDelete