Thursday, July 23, 2009

chemical calibration

It's stupid and funny at the same time. I swore off Lexapro two years ago, yet this morning I caught myself thinking: these pills have saved my life. Not in the sense that I'd be dead without them, but I just wouldn't have a life. At least not one that I enjoy. I have felt honest-to-God happiness since starting Lexapro again. I'm really myself again. It's taken a hell of a long time to get here, but I'm back. I love my job, and I'm starting to love my life here in the 'Nati. It could be better--my friends from home being here would be an improvement--but I'm okay. And I wasn't sure I'd ever be there again.

Long story short, I ain't the flavor of the week--I'm in the hall of famers.

Translation: I rock.

3 comments:

  1. as long as you're happy, that's all that matters :) screw the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww i'm so dang excited for you!!! Continue having a good time and of course us all being together would be magical, but as long as we can visit one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this is off topic, but I think you need to come to D.C. Tell your work that it is a business trip. You can come see all the social stratification. Fo' rizzle. Jump on the Amtrak, we'll pick you up at the station. K great thx.

    ReplyDelete