Sunday, March 15, 2009

To and fro, hither and thither

It's funny. I started this blog in anticipation of having a long job-search process. I thought, "It would be cool to chronicle my job search, because when I finally do get a job I can look back and admire the process and progress." Of course, life threw me a curveball and gave me a job even before I had quit the last one. Kudos, life. You rock. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new job. There's a lot to learn and a lot to keep up with, but I feel like it's all working out for the best, even though my paycheck is a little smaller.

I came home to Mayfield this weekend, and it's been great every single minute. I had dinner with Mom at Los Amigos on Friday, lunch with Grandma at Hill's on Saturday (GOD I missed me some good barbecue!), drove Mom to Paducah Saturday afternoon, then hung out with Denham and his girl on Saturday night. And this afternoon I'm going over to Adam and Amanda's for lunch/dinner, yeah!!. It's been great. The best part? I don't have that awful, sick, sinking feeling of dread about it being Sunday that I used to have. It's amazing how much better I feel about life.

Also, I've been doing a little planning! VACATION planning, that is. I'm taking a trip down to Florida the last week of April with Kelly and Rachel. The more strategizing and discount-hunting I do for this vacation, the more excited about it I get. It'll be so nice to just relax for once!

Let's just sum this up. Life is good good good, great great great.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad you're happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely glad that you are happy also!! I know you are doing amazing at this new job, and enjoying your life right now which is just too wonderful! Thanks for coming over, we enjoyed it soo much and my sister was excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete