Monday, November 16, 2009

The Smaller Things

Although I spent most of the weekend lounging and doing fun, non-taxing things, I apparently brought work home with me. One of my new cases has been on my mind, because I feel really bad for the foster mom. I feel bad for the kid too, because it's a bad fit between the mom's skills and assets the child's needs. I have all this empathy and compassion for people, and all it does is make me feel yucky when I know they're feeling bad.

So today, having had a pretty good day, I'm trying to focus on small things that give me pleasure. For example, the taste of the celery and cauliflower in my salad, having someone great to talk to on the phone, renting a cheesy horror movie from Redbox, and wearing pajama pants and a sweatshirt. It helps me recharge my tired heart and head.

No comments:

Post a Comment