Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Take a sick day!

I was at work, listening to my boss talking to one of our foster parents, and my coworker Bree who sits across from me asks, "Nathan, are you okay?" I didn't feel too great, but I figured it was a momentary thing. Next thing I know, I break out in a full-body cold sweat and I feel like I'm about to hurl. I put my head down and start taking slow, deep breaths to keep from vomiting, and Bree tells me to go home, because I "look awful." I told them I'd be fine in a few minutes, but they sent me home (as much out of fear of contagious disease as for my own wellbeing). I looked in the mirror on the way home, and I'm whiter than Michael Jackson, which is saying something because I'm typically pretty brown. When I got home and changed, my clothes smelled like fever-sweat. Yuck.

I'm not sure where this sudden plague of feeling bad came from, but I feel mostly better now. I guess I'll take it easy today. It's just so bizarre.. it was like, one second I was fine, the next I can barely keep my breakfast down. I didn't eat anything weird or bad this morning--my usual cereal, banana, apple, and yogurt. My vitamins make me nauseous sometimes, but usually it's right after (within 10-20 minutes) I take them, and usually only when I've only had a really small breakfast. I had a decent breakfast, and this was nearly 2 hours afterward. It's also never been this intense. So, I don't know what's going on with my body, but I'll just enjoy my sick day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment