Monday, August 10, 2009

Wonderworld

I feel superb.

My life is pretty wonderful right now. Every day, I feel like I can take invenory of all the magnificent things that are occurring in my life. I love my job and I love what I'm doing. I don't think I want to be there forever, but for now I'm doing exactly what I got my degree to do: help people. I'm helping kids get their lives back together, and helping create, unite, and re-unite families. A lot of it is paperwork, but after I had my first adoption finalized, it was like a beam of sunlight illuminating my soul. For at least that day, I felt like my life's path was shown to me. Every day I think of something new I want to do to contribute to the betterment of the world. I feel like I'm bursting with thoughts and plans. I don't have the means right now, but I am not going to get so bogged down in the everyday mundane activities of "life" that I lose sight of my dream. I want a better place, and I want to help build it.

For the first time in a long time, I feel good about my life. I'm starting to get in really good shape. It's a long process, and I'm definitely not going to be running any marathons soon, but my body is changing in a positive way. I'm excited to see where I'll be by Halloween and Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, instead of giving gifts this year, our family is taking a Caribbean cruise. I could not be more excited about the holidays. I feel like now that I'm an adult I appreciate them so much more than I ever have.

I am also very excited about the great things happening for my friends. Two of my best friends in the world are having babies, and I couldn't be happier for them. They'll be having their babies within a month, and I can't wait to meet Aiden and Sam. Very very very happy about so much.

3 comments:

  1. Brittany, I truly am. When I have an extra day off, I'll come visit you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a journal? If not, you should probably get one. It makes the bad days a bit better if you flip back to the good ones.

    ReplyDelete